Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,541 Posts
I thought the last wrangler that actually had a distributor was. 1999 for the six cylinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,323 Posts
I'd try to find an original equipment coil. Aftermarket parts are a hit and miss issue, especially with electrical components.
If you don't have a local Jeep dealer, here's a link to a reliable aftermarket parts website.

Rock Auto is a forum supporting vendor. I think they have the best selection and descriptions of any parts website that I visit.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Dusty Duster

·
Registered
384 Posts
it is not always easy to help when there is a misunderstanding in the year of production. :oops:

As the owner stated here it should be a 2014.. In this thread he claims it is a 2010.
There is no such thing as a 2014 or 2010 TJ And it does not matter which country of the world. The TJ assembly line was closed down in 2006.
Some wannabe TJ licence builds were (and probably still are) made ich China as BAW BJ Zhanqi (or zhang qi) There was also an israeli AIL StormII military vehicle on a TJ
plattform - actually probably the first 4 door wrangler.

I see a TJ - so max 2006. With a single coil = down to max 2002
According to the stamped part number it is a ToyoDenso coil for just about any 4 6 or 8 cyl. chrysler/dodge/jeep from 97 up to 2003. Superseeded by 56028172AB
Last time used in a TJ was for MY 2002 with 2.5L 4banger. Used also in 2003 in Dakota, Durango, Ram with 3.9 V6 and 5.9 V8

·
Registered
987 Posts
In Uganda, the 2014 Wranglers were called the "2010 TJ". And they had inginition systems from the 97-03 generation Chrysler parts bin.

They get all the leftover crap from the States.

Clothing Smile Hand Shirt Muscle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts