Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im new on this fourm and I have some big plans for my jeep. I plan on changing out my suspension from leaf springs out to coil springs with 4link in the rear and 3link in the front. I am also looking to change out my differentials to a dana66 in the rear and dana44 in the front. I have just purchased a Chevy350 with a turbo 400 trans. does anybody know any good adapters to add to the tmh400 to my np231? I would like atleast a 4 or 5 inchs of lift possibly more, I would like to be able to run 36"s on her :D 2011-09-14 12.11.43.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
You need to modify it with more mud on the hood! :D

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I got 8in lift and Metalcloak fenders just to run 37's. You will need more then 4 or 5in of lift or you will have to hack your frenders up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
4" suspension, 3" body, 1" shackle will clear 36"s with adequate clearance, add some nice genright or metal cloak fenders and youll be good on that. as for adapters, Advance adapters has some good stuff, I used their adapeters to mate my TH 350 trans to my NP231 transfer case , pretty straight forward conversion just have to modify the skid plate, no biggy. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
banks316 said:
I got 8in lift and Metalcloak fenders just to run 37's. You will need more then 4 or 5in of lift or you will have to hack your frenders up.
Do you have highlines? I thought 6" with highline metalcloaks net you room for 37s

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have the arch style front, not it won't clear 37. I could go 38's if I wanted too but my 37's cost only $150 a tire. Stock TJ they clams you can run 35's

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so does anybody have an idea on how big of a lift I'm going to need? I want some crazy articulation so I want to find something that will hold its own with pretty much anything out there. Except of course the extreme rock crawlers where nothing is stock anymore lol:D since this is my daily driver and all

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And the only reason I don't want to do a SOA is because the motor I'm putting in is pushing over 500hp and 480 ft/lbs of torque. So I'm worriedabout axle wrap...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
chris_yj91 said:
And the only reason I don't want to do a SOA is because the motor I'm putting in is pushing over 500hp and 480 ft/lbs of torque. So I'm worriedabout axle wrap...
torque/traction bar should fix that worry

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone heard of leaf springs bending into a 90 degree angle at the ends? Not flexing but just sittng on the ground.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
chris_yj91 said:
Has anyone heard of leaf springs bending into a 90 degree angle at the ends? Not flexing but just sittng on the ground.
Nope but sounds like some double wrapped military style leaf springs would be in order. Maybe a check on the shackles would be a good thought also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked and the front shakle is pushed backwards against the frame, and the rear is bent. Also the bumpstops on the diff are bent backwards. The differential looks like its twisted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts