Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

So I just got the Mopar 2" lift installed on my Willys, looks awesome...except for the 32" BFG's that seem way too small now.Obviously, tires are the next upgrade (leaning toward 35's) but I just wanted to get some advice before I commit.

First question I have is, can I just use my stock wheels? I like the look of them and would prefer to not have to drop another $1k on new wheels if I don't have to. I wasn't sure if I'd need to get spacers or anything to make it work, I will be running the stock flares and fender liners.

Second question, what width should I go for on the tire? I've been looking around and there are literally no 35" tires available in a 7.5" width. I didn't want to go too wide and have them look super pinched on the rim.

And finally, can my dealership recalibrate my speedometer after I get them installed or do I have to get something like a FlashCal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm fairly new to wranglers so I apologize for any stupid questions haha, I just want to make sure I'm building my rig the right way (especially for something as important as wheels/tires).

Thanks guys!
-Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just picked up my JK after getting the Teraflex S/T3 lift and went with the Nitto Trail Grappler 35x11.50R17 on my factory wheels. You will need spacers. These tires can be installed on a 7.5" wheel with no problems.

I also grabbed a ProCal to get the speedo back to normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
285/75r17 err... 34s... err... 35x11.50r17 is a common next step and will fit very nicely on some stock wheels with some spacers. That being said, some folks do put 315/70r17s (35x12.50x17) also on stock wheels, but some have ran into resistance from local tire shops.

A Procal or Superchips will help re-calibrate the speedo. There are also great options out there in this area too. About $150-250

Wheels, can be had from $600-750 range that are pretty sweet. Quadratec and Procomps to name a couple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts