Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 jeep wrangler 2.5l 4cyl, and I absolutely LOVE it. The only problem I have with it is it just doesn't have enough power. We have this thing here where I live called "Cowboy Corner" it's a place where us teenagers can just sit and talk. Last night me and a bud that has a jeep sport went driving around and it was VERY hard for me to keep up. I was just wondering since I'm relatively new to jeeps (had mine a little under a year now) is the sport worth it. I'm looking for something that sounds mean, is fast, and can handle the mud and climbing. Is the sport that jeep or am I looking for something else. Wanna stay under 10k.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
The Sport would be a great choice Tehan, that was my first TJ and I still miss it (stolen). Its 4.0L engine is a great torquey and nearly bulletproof engine, it'd be a nice upgrade for you. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm not sure what year my friends is but it sounded MEAN last night. He turned the corner really fast and go it up on 3 wheels... I couldn't do that haha, my step mom has me scared ill flip it super easy considering its so top heavy

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
TJs are not top heavy & are actually rated by the insurance industry as being safer than the average car. True. Early model Jeeps up midway through the CJ run were easier to flip/roll than many vehicles but that was taken care of before the first Wranglers came out. So no, they do not flip super-easy, you'd have to be doing something really stupid for it to do that. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts