Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

I have an 02 Wrangler X and looking to get a lift for Christmas. I drive my Wrangler to work every day and use it as my sole method of transportation so I am not looking for a lift that is too outrageous and will hurt the gas mileage too much. I have 31" tires now with custom wheels. I want a lift that is higher but nothing too much. What do you suggest?

Please post pics of your Wrangler and the type/size of lift that you have. Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
a BB or 2" coil lift should suit your needs good. go with a BB. its cheap.

mine- 2" coil lift (got 2.5" out of it) with 32x11.50's on 15x8 rock crawler wheels

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Here ya go:

Skyjacker 2" BB with 285/75/R16's

Rough Country 4" X Series with OME LT and 3/4" Tereflex Spacers. 315/75/R16's

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
dang scout. i still can't get over how sweet your rig looks!
Thanks. You're looking good too! I guess we couldn't pass up an opportunity to show off our Jeeps. :D

Next thing you know MR.CLIFFORD will be in here showing off his stretched/long arm/V8/Dana 60/Spicer/Turbo/// blah blah blah...:flipoff: :D :flipoff:

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks so much Simple Scout!
I just put my condo on the market about 3 weeks ago and will pack and go as soon as it sells. I am hoping within the next 2 to 3 months.
Oh by the way Bigjeep! I ordered the black caps and nuts from rockratz too. Did you also know that when balancing the tires they can put the silver weights on the inside of the black wheels only? I had no idea prior to getting them installed at ok4wd.
This forum rocks!
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Forgot to add that yes the nerf bars will be coming off soon, Just need to find a new way for my girl to get into the jeep before removing her steps.:)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Thanks so much Simple Scout!
I just put my condo on the market about 3 weeks ago and will pack and go as soon as it sells. I am hoping within the next 2 to 3 months.
Oh by the way Bigjeep! I ordered the black caps and nuts from rockratz too. Did you also know that when balancing the tires they can put the silver weights on the inside of the black wheels only? I had no idea prior to getting them installed at ok4wd.
This forum rocks!
Thanks again
cool. i think you'll like the center caps. ya i knew they could put them on the inside but they said that they would balance better if they put them on the outside so i let them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are the differences between suspension lifts, spacer kits, body lifts? I am kind of confused about all of them.

Does anybody have before/after pics of their Wrangler?

I have posted before and everybody recommend a 2" budget boost for me. A friend of mine was offering to put on a 4" body lift and charge $400 for the parts and $400 for the installation. What are your thought on this?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
A friend of mine was offering to put on a 4" body lift and charge $400 for the parts and $400 for the installation. What are your thought on this?
I would stay away from a 4" body lift, I usually never go higher then 2 on the body. The body lifts do exacly what the name implies. They lift the body off the frame. Suspention lifts are through changing out the suspension with new springs and other various parts, or the addition of spacers to the top of the springs. (I'm sure someone else here will be able to give a better description then I can)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Before pics

I'm not an expert on this but I only went with a simple suspension modification (2" spacers which are placed on top of the coil springs - plus new longer shocks) and new bigger tires. Between both I am up a few inches from the original set up which is great for me since I don't go off-road much (yet!).
Here are some pics of the "before":
(first pic is no lift with 30's - second has a lift but no new tires yet - my prior posting shows all the mods)
:D;)

1 - 20 of 147 Posts