Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

Ive been trying to decide on lifting my 2013 Jeep JK Oscar Mike unlimited and been looking at 2.5 to 3.5 inch lifts kits. Being my drive train is all stock and I don't have limited slip. Been tying to think with the stock rear gears is 34inch tires too much for the ring and pinion. I'm not doing any hard core rock climbing. Just want something that good on road and off road with out going crazy. Was also thinking on getting sway bar disconnects just for a little more articulation.

Going to do a cold air intake, axle back exhaust and programmer for some additional power and torque.

I welcome any thoughts

thanks all

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Honest opinion.

Programmer is good ...

CAI waste of money unless you like the sound. Not practical if you like to splash through puddles.

Exhaust if you want to change the sound but no performance gains there unless you do something like RIPP headers all the way back.

Most 35" tires actually only measure 34" or less. You are fine to run stock gears with them until YOU decide whether you think you need a gear change or not for your driving style. If you have 3.21 gears stock, you will be more apt to want a gear change later.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
47,201 Posts
Honest opinion.

Programmer is good ...

CAI waste of money unless you like the sound. Not practical if you like to splash through puddles.

Exhaust if you want to change the sound but no performance gains there unless you do something like RIPP headers all the way back.

Most 35" tires actually only measure 34" or less. You are fine to run stock gears with them until YOU decide whether you think you need a gear change or not for your driving style. If you have 3.21 gears stock, you will be more apt to want a gear change later.
^^^X2, but if you have the 3.21 ratio, then just plan on re-gearing A.S.A.P!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts