Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robot Check

I am looking to buy the 1.75 spacer lift for my girlfriends 2009 wrangler sahara unlimited as a gift. i have no problem doing the installation, pretty straight forward, have done it on non-jeep vehicles.

is anything else needed? i have read conflicting posts on this forum about shock extenders, new shocks, sway bar extenders, track bars, etc. some say its needed, others say not to.

she just wants the look of the lift. she already has some pretty tall tires on. we go camping once in a while but nothing that requires serious flexing

has anyone had issues with installing the 1.75 lift alone? i just do not want to open a can of worms of things i need to add or fix later.

thanks!

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Nothing else is required.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The sway bars may end up out of spec. I did an OEM spring swap plus 3/4 inch spacers for about 2 inches total lift upfront and 1.5 inches in the rear. I moved the rear sway bar links to the front and got new adjustable links for the rear.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Robot Check

I am looking to buy the 1.75 spacer lift for my girlfriends 2009 wrangler sahara unlimited as a gift. i have no problem doing the installation, pretty straight forward, have done it on non-jeep vehicles.

is anything else needed? i have read conflicting posts on this forum about shock extenders, new shocks, sway bar extenders, track bars, etc. some say its needed, others say not to.

she just wants the look of the lift. she already has some pretty tall tires on. we go camping once in a while but nothing that requires serious flexing

has anyone had issues with installing the 1.75 lift alone? i just do not want to open a can of worms of things i need to add or fix later.

thanks!
i have this exact setup....i had a fox ats SS and longer shocks installed at the same time....put on 35s IMG_1232.jpg

·
Registered
385 Posts
The only thing to worry about is regretting not going any bigger.. Going up to "a full 2" isn't going to change anything anyone has already stated. You can got 2.5" with minimal geometry correction needed. Many "kits" sell springs, shocks, links at 2.5" and call it a day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing to worry about is regretting not going any bigger.. Going up to "a full 2" isn't going to change anything anyone has already stated. You can got 2.5" with minimal geometry correction needed. Many "kits" sell springs, shocks, links at 2.5" and call it a day.
yeah i am starting to think that as well. regretting not going any bigger.

Robot Check

looking at that kit now. comes with the shock extentions and the rear track bar bracket.

also just thought about getting the 1.75 suspension kit and a 1" body lift.

really there are just so many options out there its hard to choose haha
i am used to cars that have very few aftermarket choices lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts