Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1997 wrangler and wanted to take the seats out and paint the inside. It was painted before with it looks like a bedliner paint and chipping off. On the floor is mostly bare metal not much rust and some factory red paint. Can you guys and girls give me some options of what I could use to make the inside look good? Thanks

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Prep work is the key to anything like that. The person who did the bed liner, likely cut corners on the prep work and now you are left with the mess. Do you want to paint it the original red color? If so then you will need to get all the bed liner out, then sand and prime the metal. If you want the bed liner as well there are tons of threads here about that and make sure to take your time when doing the prep work to put it on. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've used a lot of Herculiner, it's really good stuff but it is textured... and I mean really textured! IF you're looking for a smooth look, don't go with Herculiner. I did my fenders and side rocker panels with it and I think it looks really good, it has held up extremely well and none has chipped off yet but it's a lot more textured then I thought it would be.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Another vote for monstaliner. Comes in lots of colors as well. As Sarge said, unless you are willing to do the prep work, don't waste your time or money. I researched here before I did the monsta and found that once you were done prepping, do one more round of prep just to make sure. My liner has been on for 3 years and has not chipped flaked at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts