Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just lost my 02 TJ to Sandy and looking to replace with another TJ. I was advised by a buddy to join this forum for help. I've been reading tons of threads on other Wrangler topics and am hopeful you guys can help me replace my baby and cure my Wrangler withdrawal. Talk to me people!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
SARGEII said:
Just lost my 02 TJ to Sandy and looking to replace with another TJ. I was advised by a buddy to join this forum for help. I've been reading tons of threads on other Wrangler topics and am hopeful you guys can help me replace my baby and cure my Wrangler withdrawal. Talk to me people!!

Thanks.
This particular forum would probably give better help in fixing your old TJ. Have you posted in the local Wrangler Forum for your area? Also, some specific of what exactly you want would be helpful.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
The first thing I would do is have a big wad of cash in hand and check the TJ listings on Craigslist. Usually within about 4-5 weeks a TJ will come along that screams "Buy me!" :thumb:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't know what exactly you used your wrangler for, but if I could do it all over again I'd look for a bone stock LJ rubicon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your input. I've received my insurance check and have been scouring craigslist etc for a suitable replacement. Keep ya posted...

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Think about how much it cost to put those "add ons" on. I would at least look for something that somebody else started to build...i.e. SYE already installed, lift that matches desired gear ratio for the tires you want to run. D44 rear vs. D35.

You can personalize it with your choice of bumpers, armor, etc. You will save a lot of cash if you get one already lifted etc.

Now, trying to find that "exact" one you are looking for will be a patience game. I waited and didn't get mine til the summer was almost over. Either that or get one as close to you want as a starting point even if you settle for less mods than you wanted.

If you have the cash, time, and desire, you can certainly build one up from stock (which is always fun).

On Craigslist, the good ones usually go pretty fast. I downlaoded a craigslist app that notified me every time one that met my parameters was listed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts