Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tie rod ends and lower ball joints need to be replaced so I figured what the hell let's replace it all. Now just trying to figure out which products to go with. The only non stock part is a Synergy Adjustable Track Bar and I replaced all the bolts.

I was thinking about going with these...

Tie Rod
Steer Smarts 78065001 YETI Seriesâ„¢ Extreme Duty Tie Rod Assembly for 07-17 Jeep Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Quadratec

Ball Joints
Not sure I want to replace just the lower or all. Probably better to replace them all at once.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16990_0100.htm
https://www.quadratec.com/products/16990_0110.htm

Drag Link
Not sure I want to replace this right now. Was thinking might as well but after seeing the price, I may wait on this. Yeti is $80 more than Teraflex but probably worth the extra price.

YETI XD™ JK Bottom Mount Draglink – Steer Smarts
Teraflex 1853920 Extreme Heavy Duty Drag Link Kit for 07-17 Jeep® Wrangler JK | Quadratec

Right now I'll probably just replace the tie rod and ball joints. I have read nothing but great reviews on Yeti. How are the Teraflex ball joints? I was going to go Synergy but read they seem to wear out quicker than they should

·
Registered
155 Posts
In reference to the ball joints I would change them all at the same time. I wouldn't want to at a later date go back to the same area and do the same type job again.
The money side of it to me is not worth it to do only half.

·
Registered
236 Posts
All the Yeti homers will chime in shortly!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In reference to the ball joints I would change them all at the same time. I wouldn't want to at a later date go back to the same area and do the same type job again.
The money side of it to me is not worth it to do only half.
Yeah that is what I'm thinking too.

All the Yeti homers will chime in shortly!
Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bunch of guys here run exactly what you are looking into. They will give you the run down on why. Yeti seems to be the go to front end replacement parts, and from the looks of it for a good reason.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Care to elaborate?
Seems everyone that has Yeti anything swears by it. It's good stuff for sure. Can't go wrong with it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh I was taking your original comment as a bad thing. I haven't read a bad review on Yeti so I was confused.
Doubt you'll read anything negative about the Yeti here.

I'm running the XD draglink and it does great. I'm still making a decision on a tie rod. Not much chatter about 7075 aluminum tie rods, but they seem like a great option. At least on paper...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as the ball joints agree on all 4. TF is newer but ive yet to see a issue with them.
That is what I have been reading. No real issues yet but too new to say. Synergy just seems to have issues. People typically write more bad reviews than good ones. I'm sure there are a lot of Synergy owners that like them. Just not sure I want to risk getting a bad set and having the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats up to you, at least move it up over the tie rod if you wheel.

Edit: with something like this
Stabilizer Relocation Kit for 07-17 Jeep JK Wrangler [1108] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®
I do believe the mechanic said it wouldn't hurt to replace it.

Seems like there isn't a whole lot of need to go expensive here. Teraflex seems to ahve a lot of good reviews.

Teraflex 1513001 Steering Stabilizer Kit for Jeep® Vehicles | Quadratec

I'll most likely do that with the relocation bracket.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I'm going with Rare Parts ball joints when the time comes. They look really good! Somebody on this site had them installed just recently.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm going with Rare Parts ball joints when the time comes. They look really good! Somebody on this site had them installed just recently.
I'd love those but I'm not going to shell out that much money for just ball joints. Almost 3 times more than Teraflex.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts