Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok , my 08 ruby is leaking diff from the front pinion seal. I did a search on autozone site . for the part . Its showed 2 seals 1 being 6 bucks one being 8 bucks, both look different . The 8 dollar one under the notes of the part say : Differential Pinion Seal. Dana 30 axle. And the 6 dollar says : Dana/Spicer 30 axle. I was told here on the forums that both the ruby and non ruby have the dana 44 . But NO auto parts store I have called has ANY listing for the FRONT PINION dana 44 .. Where do I find this seal? Pulling my hair out with this Jeep....For real!! Help

·
Registered
31 Posts
They have the Dana 44 rear, correct. But the front is the Dana 30. Now as far as which seal you need, I'm not sure. I'd pull the old seal out and compare it to the pictures. Normally if two are listed there is some type of VIN number break where earlier models take one and later models take another.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have the Dana 44 rear, correct. But the front is the Dana 30. Now as far as which seal you need, I'm not sure. I'd pull the old seal out and compare it to the pictures. Normally if two are listed there is some type of VIN number break where earlier models take one and later models take another.
Thank you so much for the info, it seems strange that somewhere under the notes for the part they wouldn't tell you that. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
You seem pretty confident about this ..Hope your right the other guy up top there said dana 44 back dana 30 front..
I am. :) Here's some additional JK dif. trivia. All Rubicons since 07 have D44's front and rear. All other models have D44 rears and D30 fronts. Except, in 07 there were some early Sahara's that had D35 rears and D30 fronts.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am. :) Here's some additional JK dif. trivia. All Rubicons since 07 have D44's front and rear. All other models have D44 rears and D30 fronts. Except, in 07 there were some early Sahara's that had D35 rears and D30 fronts.
kewl!! going with your advice...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts