Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade from stock 16s to some 17" takeoffs. What would be a good size and type of tire for an unlifted 2d with 6 sp and 3.26 gears? I have looked at the MT 255 75 17 rubicon takeoffs. Any good?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tires - 17 inch wheel

Those Rubicon tires will be fine. If you are looking for something with slightly better road manners but are still good off road check out BF Goodrich KO2s. They came stock with my Sport S Cold Weather Package in 265/70-17 (31.6 inches). They are excellent tires and also come in 255/75-17 (32.1 inches) if you want something a half inch taller.

·
Registered
423 Posts
To bad your not closer to me. My Rubicon Recon tires are coming off now with only 1,300 miles on them and Im going to ask $500 for all 5 of them. Im putting 35's on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You didn't mention what width wheels you were considering. The stock 17 inch wheels are 7.5 inches and my advice was based on that.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Tires are "graded". Make sure you get A grade and not just the best price. The amount of weight to balance a C and the real quality is the difference. I know this is with BFG's for sure.

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
496 Posts
I have a '15 2dr 6 sos n 3.21 gears. I still have my 16" stock steelies wrapped in 32" Goodyear duratracs. They come in 17" size as well. Great AT tire. I have about 25k miles in almost 2 yrs. no complaints

1 - 8 of 8 Posts