Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm looking at a 2000 Tj 189.999 miles l6 auto soft top stock $10,000 any thoughts ??
Not enough info to say, but I bought a 05 TJ 65,000 miles a year and a half ago for $13k. Seems like this one you are looking it is too much. For myself, i'd pay a bit more and keep mileage under 100k.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just bought an 04 Sahara d44 with 130k for $8800. It came with hard top and a great frame for living most its life in NY. I'd say keep looking. But when you feel like this is the one... jump on it. They go fast.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Seems a little high to me my brother in law just picked up a 2001 sport with 102k on it for 10k in excellent condition I have not found a lick of rust on it

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
That's a bit strong, but could be the market in your area. Either way I wouldn't pay that much.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought a 2000 Wrangler TJ, no rust 151,000 miles, hard top & full doors, 4 inch lift, cheap winch, HD spare tire carrier, inline 6, awesome stereo system for $9000

Keep in mind I've had to install a water pump, heater motor, replace all the control arm bushings, etc, etc,
I wanted a jeep with no rust, everything else was secondary

·
Registered
437 Posts
Depends on the rust factor, but that seems like a lot of miles and a lot of cash for that jeep. I picked up my 99 TJ for $7700 with 115K on it last year. I would say keep looking and you will find the right one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just bought a 2001 4.0 auto with 134,ooo. rebuilt trans,new soft top,quadratec led headlights,and rear bumper tire carrier, for $8800 3 days ago. Very good condition - No rust at all.... I would keep looking.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will look at it today to get a better look I'm in California so not a huge problem with rust I need Ac in my jeep I kinda thought it had a lot of miles on a auto tranny thank for the input guy

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just bought my 2003 Sahara with 80k a month ago with a good build (check signature) and paid $11.5 out the door from a dealer. I've since put in about $2000 in getting things tightened up including removing the front stabilizer, new trackbar, tie rods and sleeve, front and rear axle seals/bearings, tune up, oil change, alignment, and a couple other things I can't think of.

My point is that with that many miles on it, you probably will have to clean up a few messes so keep that in mind too.

That being said, I think that price is high but I'm in Michigan and the market might be different in Cali.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts