Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my co-workers JK. He found this hole while washing his Jeep. He never saw any bubbling on the outside, the hole was just there one day. It looks like two holes, about a quarter inch diameter, side-by-side. I asked him if he thinks someone drilled a couple of holes in the Jeep... he said "No." I was only kidding him, but that's what it looks like. I told him I'd ask about it here on the Forum. Check out the pics, and let me know what you all think could've caused this, is this a common thing on JKs? I did an internet search, I didn't see anything else like this. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
581 Posts
It looks like two .22 rounds hit there.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I would try to see how are things below those holes. You should be able to peak inside with a flashlight.

If you see lot's of rust, then you must have a leak somewhere that lets water in. Also on some other cars water may pass through certain areas and then drain via a drain hole. In such cases when that drain hole gets clogged, water and muck may accumulate and start a rust spot. I'm not saying that is the case here, but it is certainly something to explore.

·
Registered
660 Posts
are they on both sides,, maybe someone tried to run cowl light power wires. Defiantly looks like they are drilled

1 - 4 of 4 Posts