Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need some opinions! Current setup, stock everything except 3in body lift, and 35's. I know this is far from ideal, but this was my first jeep and I had NO idea what I was doing.

Anyways had some fun with it and now ready to start my build.

I cut the fenders for some much needed travel. Not quite done with the fronts. But I got plenty of room for my 35s now.

I want to do waggy springs on all 4 corners (2' lift 2' stretch ) and drop to a 2' bl. but I'm not sure if it's going to have enough clearance.

Another option is 2' waggy lift springs (4-5 in lift and 2' stretch. This options gonna be a lot more money and not sure if it's needed?

Opinions !?

Staying sua.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To me it looks like you have the clearance now. With one more inch of lift (if my math is right) that the regular waggy springs will give, you should be good. The only spot I see that could be close is the front fender on the back side of it closest to the door.
I'm building some tube fenders most likely. But also that front axle will be 2 in forward

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
my bigger concern would be the d44's living with 38's.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
my bigger concern would be the d44's living with 38's.
THIS...is exactly what I was thinking. I'd go with a MINIMUM of an 8.8 in the rear. Maybe a BUILT 44 for the front, but I wouldn't run even a built 44 in the rear with 38s if I wasn't planning on babying it in the rocks...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are built with chromoly shafts but that's about it. I don't have any hp with my 2.5

And I guess since my stock dana 30/35 have handled 35's for a few years I'm not to worried.

The thing is they are 38.5 super swampers, but they measure 35.5? I can't see them gaining 3in once they're mounted and aired up, but I could be wrong.

Fender wells were completely removed and rebuilt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anybody have experience with the rancho springs? I ended up going with them, so the plan will be no bodylift.

260$ a spring. I hope they're worth it. This is my first time lifting a vehicle so should be fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts