Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
i am trying to decide if i should delete my exhaust loop or not. The bolts rusted out on my Y pipe that connects to the loop. It looks like the original nuts are welded to the flange of the loop. As my JK is a 2012 if i take the Y pipe off to drill them out it could be opening a bigger can of worms. i wanted to know what your guys thoughts are on Deleting the loop or getting the Rough Country Exhaust loop relocation pipe kit.

jeff

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
I installed a loop delete, from MagnaFlow as I recall. I installed it because the loop got a big dent in it. It installed fine and runs great. No difference one way or the other, which is what you want.
The MagnaFlow loop delete is stainless, that was important to me and some are not stainless.
The rust can make the install hard, I had some issues I had to deal with as I recall. But part of that was I un-installed the exhaust spacers as I installed the loop delete. I also installed an aftermarket front drive shaft at the same time to make it all work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for relocating the post.... I think i am going to do the loop delete. Seems like the best option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts