Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3200 miles on 10th anniversary rubi. First jeep love the ride right up til 60mph. I messed up on the test drive by not taking it on the interstate. With the stock wheels and suspension it was loose but drivable so i didnt bitch just figured that was normal. Then I had to have the big tires lol.... well a 3in bds lift with fox shocks and steering stabilizer later I cant even get up to 65mph without rolling. Its not the DW I seen the clips. Its drives straight just extremely loose and going down old county road with its bumps is a death wish at high speed it throws me around. Im constantly moving the wheel with tiny back and forth corrections trying just keep on the road. This is new vehicle whats going on?!?! Ive looked at aev site. They have the high steer kit and CA drop bracket kit. Is that what im missing??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like a Jeep. But in all seriousness, sounds like castor angle has changed due to the lift. Can get the AEV drop brackets or adjustable control arms.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would adjust the castor first. If you don't have front adj. control arms get some and adjust the castor. If you do you dont need to buy anything. The stock JK castor is 4.2pos so the closer you can get to that angle the better. Watch the pinion angle or you will destroy your driveline or trans case bearings.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Did the same lift and shocks on my wifes jkur with the AEV brackets and the stock steering stabilizer and it still drives just as good if not better than it did stock. Even at 75mph on miserable N.M. roads its not even the slightest bit twitchy. I'd start with checking bolt torque etc.

·
Super Moderator
53,782 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YESSSSS!!! Problem solved with aev drop brackets. Now I dont want to get out. Drives better then when I bought it. Noticed the change immediately just pulling out of the driveway.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
YESSSSS!!! Problem solved with aev drop brackets. Now I dont want to get out. Drives better then when I bought it. Noticed the change immediately just pulling out of the driveway.
If they are that good I just might have to pick some up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts