Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Wrangler Sahara with hard top, full doors with electric side windows. If I bring both windows half way down and then pull up on the glass, there is a lot of loose slack in them on both sides. Just doesn't seem right to me, like maybe loose window/track hardware inside the door.

Anybody else find their's the same way? Or do I need to get things tightened up.

Thanks for checking!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Not being a smart @ss, but why are you pulling up on them in the first place? Are they having any other problems? If not, I say if it ain't broke...

·
Registered
372 Posts
If its still under warranty, make them fix it. If its not, let it ride until it breaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im gonna say bad hardware inside the assembler was having a long day or something . if it is still under warraty make them fix it. if not, ride till it dies...

·
Registered
536 Posts
on my 12 sahara with hardtop there are some random heights that the driver side mirror can be on, that makes the glass rattle/squeak just a little bit. for now i just move it a little further up or down and it stops, but who knows how things will change in time... i've only had it for 4.5 months

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not being a smart @ss, but why are you pulling up on them in the first place? Are they having any other problems? If not, I say if it ain't broke...
I pulled up on them when I closed the passenger side door one day when the window was down a couple of inches and I noticed that it acted like it was loose.

I say that if I can repair something before it becomes a major problem, I'm gonna do it.

Like in this situation, I know the windows will either fall down into the door or bind up partially open when it's below zero (coming up). I'm going to avoid a duct tape job in freezing weather if I can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts