Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, guys. Total noob question here (my apologies), but I just got and installed a Mopar grille guard/light bar (JK Wrangler Light Bar #123220RR), and the bar itself is a little loose where it mounts to the brackets bolted to the bumper. The bar is mounted to the brackets via two bolts/washers on each side. I was expecting it to be rock solid against the bumper when the bolts were all tightened.

Any suggestions (aside from pointing out that I'm a mechanical bonehead, pls!)? :banghead:

Not sure if I just need to torque the mounting bolts down more (instructions say only 20 ft-lbs), or if there is another solution.

Appreciate your technical insights here, my virtual Wrangler experts!

TahoeOscarMike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, after the application of some additional malted beverage(s), I decided to reverse the bolts attaching the bar to the mounting brackets, and now it's rock-solid. Probably one of you can give me the mechanical reasoning behind this, but I'm just happy my first mod works! Pair of Hella driving lights to go on tomorrow!

Thanks for listening!

TahoeOscarMike

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ha, nice. I'm glad beer helped you find your way.

Pic of the lightbar? I'm constantly trying to convince myself to just keep my stock (possibly stubbied) bumper and go with a light bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts