Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been battling this question for years now. i have my jeep for about 5 years and i put 4000 dollars in upgrades and got it the way i wanted it. however, im finding it to be a burden with its mpg, and cargo room. im a college student who loves to go on trips to the mountains and the beach...but idk if the jeep can handle that still . i dont really go offroading anymore but i like the jeep for the "just in case...worst scenario".....thoughts or comments?? alternative cars have been..subarus, volvo xc90,

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
Jeeps can come and go. Focus on your career, your school, your relationships, your budget.

I sometimes regret selling my Jeepster when I moved to a big city, but I absolutely don't regret moving, and I'd do it again. Selling the Jeep was the smart thing to do.

There are all sorts of small SUVs, all wheel drive cars, etc. that will get you into your backroads.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I agree with Jeff on this one.... you're young, be sensable with your money and get established.... it makes coming home like I did that much sweeter

·
Registered
314 Posts
I used to have a 2 door 2001 Chevy Blazer before I got my Jeep. Had it been 4x4...even with the IFS...I would have kept my Blazer and lifted it.

Maybe look for something like that if you don't mind IFS? It had plenty of room for all kinds of stuff once you dropped the rear seats down. There's always Cherokees...

That would solve everything but MPG.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Is the jeep paid for? If not how much do you owe and how much would the new car/suv you going to buy be?

·
Brewing, Skiing & Jeeps..
549 Posts
My wife convinced me to sell my Jeep once (99 Sport)......Once.......I now have an 03 Rubi. Look at that one of two ways. Don't sell and stay a part of the family. Or...Know that you will be back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i thought about a cargo rack but then thats 300+dollars which i can do but i wont get money back if i do decided to sell all the sudden.

its paid off for. 100%. another car i might be able to pay off for if i sell the jeep or might need a loan of a few thousand..depends how lucky i am

·
Brewing, Skiing & Jeeps..
549 Posts
Just realized that you are a new member. You came to the wrong place for advice on selling your Jeep dude. This place is only going to cost you money!

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
Wow, this thread is breaking my heart. If you must sell, then so be it. I've known numerous people who have thought along those lines and let go of their Jeeps only to be wishing soon after that they had not. It is a personal decision that you and you alone have to make. Another thought is, can you get out of it what you have put into it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont have to sell it..the thing is im happy with most of it but some days im tired of it...im just wonder if i would be better with another car.

and i doubt i can get back wat i put into...
-$1500 lift
-$750 tires
-$300 winch
-$100 stereo
-$300 exhuast
-$300 intake

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I have 2 kids and a wife ... AND A JEEP! ... Wouldn't get rid of my Jeep unless it was to get another Jeep! And I actually plan on giving this rig to my oldest girl in 9 years or so when she turns 16 and then get me another ... BUT ITS AN ADDICTION ... Some people love them, some people don't ... if you don't, let it go, if you do, then if you REALLY HAVE TO... let it go, but get another down the road... but I vote keep it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
keep the Jeep. It wont be any cheaper to get a new car than keeping the Jeep running if you like the Jeep.

·
Registered
136 Posts
CMEvans79 said:
I have 2 kids and a wife ... AND A JEEP! ... Wouldn't get rid of my Jeep unless it was to get another Jeep! And I actually plan on giving this rig to my oldest girl in 9 years or so when she turns 16 and then get me another ... BUT ITS AN ADDICTION ... Some people love them, some people don't ... if you don't, let it go, if you do, then if you REALLY HAVE TO... let it go, but get another down the road... but I vote keep it.
I have two kids and one due in a month. I can fit them all in my jeep for sure. My wife. .. Shes gonna have to find her own ride.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts