Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I'm not crazy. Ive always felt like my jeep tilts slightly to the passenger side but always thought it was my old pro comp suspension sagging awkwardly. Well I have a new lift completely aligned and I swear I'm still lop sided. I thought I got a good picture before it got dark out but it turned out blurry so no pics. I can snap some in the morning. Does any one have any idea why it may be tilted?

·
Registered
465 Posts
How big is ur wife?

J/k!
Springs/perches? Really not sure what else. Good luck.
Troy

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
what do the measurements show? ie ground to bottom of flares front and rear both sides.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do the measurements show? ie ground to bottom of flares front and rear both sides.
Not sure. I'll try to take some once I have it parked on flat ground. Im usually parked on a slight slope so its always hard to tell. I'm running fenderless in the rear while I install my flat fenders but I'll measure from the tub.

·
Registered
425 Posts
There's stuff all over the net about this....just google "JK Lean", or something similar. There's all kinds of theories and "fixes". Mine does it, but only when I'm not sitting in it. As soon as I get in, it's level. Be careful, cause if you go to fix it, you may get in and it then lean to the drivers side. You won't notice, but those driving around you may.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Gas tank is on that side...
mine does not change one iota whether tank is full or empty. I have run my tank down to ~2 gallons left and no different then when completely full ie ~22 gallons in tank.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
mine does not change one iota whether tank is full or empty. I have run my tank down to ~2 gallons left and no different then when completely full ie ~22 gallons in tank.

Just to make sure I went outside to measure again with my tank below a quarter and sure enough you are correct. The right side is still off by a quarter inch in height. Now It bothers me. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Just to make sure I went outside to measure again with my tank below a quarter and sure enough you are correct. The right side is still off by a quarter inch in height. Now It bothers me. :)
I would not have been bothered by 1/4". I was bothered tho at 3/4" lol. its a game of partial inches.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
disconnect your front and rear swaybar and you will find that you are leaning a LOT more. turns out the rear swaybar is almost always under load.

my buddy's rear swaybar bolt fell out and she developed a 2-3" lean to passenger side.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts

Gas tank and skid plate down the length of the passenger side. Pretty sure this could cause it.

Bob K.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Gas tank and skid plate down the length of the passenger side. Pretty sure this could cause it.

Bob K.
I have run my tank down to two gallons left in the tank and measured it completely topped off. There is no difference. we are talking about 130 lbs for a completely full tank of fuel vs an empty tank. I have measured mine so many times both ways and every way in between. ie driver no passenger, passenger no driver never enough difference to be notable. the thing that fixed my lean completely is installing a 10A coil on the passenger side to go with my stock 18 coil on drivers side. 10A is longer free length by 1".

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I saw your post on the fix. Great move.

I spend alot of time under JKs and JKUs, heck TJs for that matter. I help folks with lifts all the time. I have all the tools necessary to do just about anything to a rig.

That said, looking underneath there is almost nothing on the underside along the driver's side save the Evap cannister. The passenger side has the gas tank and skid between the wheel wells. I am sure there is enough weight differential to cause this lean. Fuel or no. I think that lifts made with a stiffer design, in my case rubicon express, are stiff enough to make that weight difference a non-factor. Where the softer designs are used, they just keep the lean as is.

I have dropped the tank and skid on a 2 door. (Rubicon Express long arm install) and the weight with 1/4 tank of fuel made it unmanageable for 2 people. Having a 3rd holding the tank up it was easier for 2 to handle the skid. While I did not weigh it, it is heavy. Seeing how the 4 door model is longer, I see the 4 door having a bigger problem with a lean.

Obviously, this is all just my opinion. I have read the threads that have covered it. Your included. And I say again, sweet move.

Bob K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts