Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Great! I think you live in Tucson? I live in Phoenix. If you lived closer I would hook my ProCal up and set it up for you. They cast $150 and have some additional options besides calibrating tire size. But unless you would ever use the other options, it's a one time deal and your out the $150. Hope it helps!
They're only good for one vehicle at a time.

OP: Get a ProCal or the Superchips - either will work fine.

Jp mag has an article on the 35 "upgrade".
stock / 35
0-60mph ............ 18seconds vs 30 seconds
60-0mph ............ 137 feet vs 218 feet
gas mileage ........ 15 mpg vs 9 mpg

sound familiar ??????

next month they will address gearing and brakes.

If the department of highway safety were paying attention.... all this would be banned.

stock / 35
60-0mph ............ 137 feet vs 218 feet
gas mileage ........ 15 mpg vs 9 mpg

sound familiar ??????

next month they will address gearing and brakes.
Lol @ 9 MPG, that's b.s. Got a link to that article?

but would it be worth going thru all that, or just say it's ok the way it is? I guess what I mean, would it hurt if I don't make any changes to it and leave as is?
That can be up to interpretation and personal opinion to a certain point. If you have the 3.6 V6 (2012 or later Wrangler) and 3.73 gears in the axles, and don't really take it off road, then it's probably fine as-is as long as you are happy with it.

If the gears and tire size are too severely mismatch (like 3.21 gears with your 35" tires), and/or you drive off-road climbing up things, and/or you drive in hilly areas, you could be over-working your transmission, shortening its life, and may even see the "hot oil" warning sometimes (means the transmission oil got too hot). These would be reasons beyond personal preference to re-gear the axles.

Like others have already said, make sure your vehicle's computer has been re-calibrated for the larger tire size so that the speedometer is correct, and the transmission shifts properly.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Great! I think you live in Tucson? I live in Phoenix. If you lived closer I would hook my ProCal up and set it up for you. They cast $150 and have some additional options besides calibrating tire size. But unless you would ever use the other options, it's a one time deal and your out the $150. Hope it helps!

Yup found one on Internet for that price. Yup live in Tucson, weather has been just beautiful, I've gone bikini top for 3 weeks now.

That can be up to interpretation and personal opinion to a certain point. If you have the 3.6 V6 (2012 or later Wrangler) and 3.73 gears in the axles, and don't really take it off road, then it's probably fine as-is as long as you are happy with it.

If the gears and tire size are too severely mismatch (like 3.21 gears with your 35" tires), and/or you drive off-road climbing up things, and/or you drive in hilly areas, you could be over-working your transmission, shortening its life, and may even see the "hot oil" warning sometimes (means the transmission oil got too hot). These would be reasons beyond personal preference to re-gear the axles.

Like others have already said, make sure your vehicle's computer has been re-calibrated for the larger tire size so that the speedometer is correct, and the transmission shifts properly.
Yea I drove around on 37's and 3.73's for a while, it was just fine on the street. I could pass anyone whenever I needed to. Honestly it was quicker than it needed to be. Offroad it left a lot to be desired obviously.

Discussion starter · #28 ·

Ok great so you understood when I asked if it would hurt it not to change it. I do light offroading. Nothing extreme. But still wanna make sure I'm not damaging anything. Thank you. Very helpful.

stock / 35
0-60 mph in 18 seconds stock? Is this a 4-door with the 3.8 engine, 4 sumo wrestlers in it, and the cargo area filled with dead bodies (the sumo wrestlers are also Yakuza members)? And 30 seconds with 35's? That can't be right.

0-60 mph in 18 seconds stock? Is this a 4-door with the 3.8 engine, 4 sumo wrestlers in it, and the cargo area filled with dead bodies (the sumo wrestlers are also Yakuza members)? And 30 seconds with 35's? That can't be right.
Pretty sure stock the 3.6 jk is 5.9 secs. Obv that improves with gearing. Don't remember if that was 2 or 4dr though

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.