Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,077 Posts
That "angry grille" looks like the air flow opening is about 1/2 of the normal 7 slot design. I think if you have the normal 7 slot grille installed the winch would be ok, because the outside slots would not be blocked, and the interior slots would get some flow around the winch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That "angry grille" looks like the air flow opening is about 1/2 of the normal 7 slot design. I think if you have the normal 7 slot grille installed the winch would be ok, because the outside slots would not be blocked, and the interior slots would get some flow around the winch.
Yes I think that would help also. I just got the grille that I ordered, it is a regular 7 slot grille. So here in the next few days, have to wait and see if this hurricane/tropical storm happens for us, lol. So I guess I will install it sometime later in the week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is my two cents have a professional turner reset your computer it sounds like the computer was never reset for the tire size and the gears your trans is not down shafting at the right rpm which is causing it to lose power on hills

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Yes I think that would help also. I just got the grille that I ordered, it is a regular 7 slot grille. So here in the next few days, have to wait and see if this hurricane/tropical storm happens for us, lol. So I guess I will install it sometime later in the week.
Lots blocking your air flow in the grill. You do have a grill somewhere, right? :)

My ‘12 has a lot of accessories too like yours but you know what is really hurting big time... your grill

Bumpers made out there are specifically designed for lowering winches. Not cheap but another thing to put it into the work you may do

Consider to moving those lights since they are just not even trying to get directly out of the air flow either

Great info here in this thread to go through systematically

Let us know how it goes

I found this of mine and once you get down to line-of-sight, you can see the flow is quite sufficient

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 wrangler, it is an automatic, has 35s, and 4.56 gears

The Jeep rides fine, sometimes shifts a little strange, but going up a hill is ridiculous. Going up the hill, and these are not huge mountains or anything, I quickly start to lose power and if I give it more gas it just revs the engine harder but does not go any faster, and the temp gauge will slowly start to creep up, once I have crested the hill then all is good again, temp goes down and Jeep drives like usual.

I have taken into 4 different times in the last year, to 2 different Jeep dealerships and a shop that does lifts and upgrades, no one can find anything wrong. There are no lights on and no codes.

I would appreciate any suggestions with this issue. Thanks!
I had a similar situation with my 15jk and found out after some research that if tou dont change tire size and other mods in the computer of the jeep it starts acting stupid. (ie strange shifts and bad fuel mileage) i had to buy a tuner to change tire size and gear size and my problems went away

21 - 25 of 25 Posts