Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2010 wrangler I found my carpet on passenger side soaked. Could not find any leaks after several attempts thru car washes. Thinking maybe ac condenser drain tube is plugged. BUT I cant find it. I crawled around the engine compartment and crawled under the jeep and can not locate it. Ran air conditioner hoping to get a faint drip to help me locate it... nothing. Can someone please tell me where it is located and better yet a picture would be great. I cant see it on the fire wall thinking maybe its behind something . Got on several web sites and they show me pictures of 07, 12, 13, everything but 2010. I know my eyes are getting bad but come-on it should be a easy thing to locate. Please help, like I said a picture would really be great.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Well the 2007 and 2010 are the same engines so that should be a fair comparison. You also have the heater core tucked up under the dash on the passenger side. Is your coolant level lower than normal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for responses, I have checked the fluid levels--OK, have checked the drip tube---OK it has been in rain several days, through car washes, nothing. right now it has the carpets out and still looking . Also I have checked door seals nothing and no leaks from roof at any location. Will keep carpet out for awhile longer and watch. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
thanks for responses, I have checked the fluid levels--OK, have checked the drip tube---OK it has been in rain several days, through car washes, nothing. right now it has the carpets out and still looking . Also I have checked door seals nothing and no leaks from roof at any location. Will keep carpet out for awhile longer and watch. Thanks again.
IT will leak the second you put the carpets back... I promise!

If it is driver side leak, enter through passenger side and look for water before you disturb the drivers side.. if pass go in through driver and look

Use paper towels, toilet paper, or anything else that will show water easily to help find it.

Does it leak more when parked angled up? angled down? forward? backwards?

I have 2 JK's and I just leave the carpets in my basement and only put the drain plugs in when I know I'll be fording water... the 'slush mats' are great on the bare tub and I've grown to like it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts