Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work this morning and stepped on my brake pedal. To my surprise the pedal went straight to the floor. I've had no previous braking problems. System is still stock with around 30 percent left on pads. When I pulled into the closest parking lot my brakes were working normally again. Went under and around jeep and couldn't fine any leaks. Reservoir level was normal as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know that is a bad feeling to have. I would start with bleeding your brakes, they might have air in the lines. If it still does it, I would look at replacing your master cylinder. Mine did the exact thing after I had a local shop install extended SS brake lines. I bled the brakes with no change. I replaced the master cylinder & haven't had a problem since. Hope this will help you out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Could be an internal leak from the master. Wheel cylinders in the back could have popped. Did pressure come back after a min or is it in the floor always. If fluid has not gone down wheel cylinderes are dry you looking at a master. Simple fix.

·
Registered
441 Posts
sounds like you need a new master cylinder, be careful when getting the jeep back home
never know when you will lose pedal again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when I got it home and started tearing it apart I found that a brake lining separated from the pad and got wedged between the back plate and the rotor. Since I only have the one reservoir that one downstroke on the brake pedal all went into that one caliper to close the gap left by the missing lining. Everthing is normal now. Thanks for the input though guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts