Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a bad time to post but I'm at loss today after my brand new Altitude was overcome with NJ flood waters. The water dragged it two blocks away from my home which was also damaged. Hopefully full coverage will be full coverage. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. God bless

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
That sucks, the good thing is that you and your family are ok, the house and Jeep can be fixed/replaced.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I know it's a bad time to post but I'm at loss today after my brand new Altitude was overcome with NJ flood waters. The water dragged it two blocks away from my home which was also damaged. Hopefully full coverage will be full coverage. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. God bless
So Sorry to hear you've lost so much.

I've never experienced hurricanes or tornado's since I've lived in Calif. my entire life. I have however, lost my home to a structure fire with my brand new car in the garage and when the new house was 1 week from completion it was flooded due to drainage issues in our area of town.

The hardest part is the overwhelming loss and just not knowing where to begin. You will have many people offering to help, take them up on their offers and don't be too proud to ask for help.

Everyone says it's only material things and they can be replaced, yes the TV, couch, dishes, etc. can be replaced. It's the photo albums, baby books, keepsakes that can't be replaced and it's okay to be mad and upset about it.

You have a tough road ahead, but family, friends and faith will pull you through and make you a much closer and stronger family. My kids are amazing and I believe the bad times we went through contributed alot to making them that way.

My thoughts and prayers for strength are being sent your way :)

Lisa

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sincerely sorry to hear about this. Glad you or no one else was in it when it happened.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear your ok though. Lots of damage out there. Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
sucks now, but with some good fortune you'll be back in another 2013 soon and have a great story to tell. sorry to hear about your troubles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So sorry to hear about that. Thankfully you are safe and in the grand scheme of things, that's all that counts. Good luck!

·
Registered
1979 CJ-7 Renegade
6,414 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that, but glad you are safe. Hope you are able to get a full replacement.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The only time I've sued an insurance co is when I found that my "full coverage" didn't cover the amount I owed on a car totalled by another driver (had no gap coverage).

Hope you and yours don't suffer any other losses. Prayers sent, and stay safe!

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
Glad to hear your family is OK. On the bright side if you can call it that. If there was something you would have done differently such as gearing or whatever, now you can do that. Hope this helps

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sorry to hear, after living through a few Hurricanes, I can understand what your feeling. Never lost a home, but did have major damage to one, and to a car that was in the garage, it took 9 months to repair the house after IKE came through Houston. We love our vehicles and home, but they can be replaced, family and friends are what matter and if they are OK, your good.

I am sorry about your Jeep and house

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
To all those impacted by the storm -- Bob Speed to Recovery!
And may your new Jeeps be the color and configuration you desire.

GL!

BobH

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Glad all are ok! Curious though, we had a boat damaged when Ike hit Houston a few years ago and ended up is a big hassle with the insurance company. I was 1,200 miles away and could not get anyone to get the boat out of the water and to high ground even though we had a few days notice of the huricane. How much trouble do you expect from the insurance company for leaving the in the way of the flood waters?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry to hear that - I hope your vehicle will be replaced expiditiously. Safe Jeepin', keep your head above water, ammo dry and what not. Glad you're all right.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts