Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost one of my keys yesterday and have no clue where. I have had the Jeep 2 months and one week. I am so frustrated lol. Anyone know if i can buy one off Ebay and program myself or do i need to go to the dealer? If i have to go to the dealer how much do they normally cost? If i buy a used key off Ebay to get the"guts" can it be reprogrammed to my Jeep or is it a one time program to one Jeep?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
If you only have 1 key, then you'll have to have the dealer program it. Best bet is to get them to do it this time, then pickup a couple cheap eBay keys to get cut and programmed yourself so you can do it yourself in the future.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Like you, I lost one of my keys to a 2013 Wrangler. If you have 2 keys you can program others by yourself. If you only have one key you have to go to the dealer or a locksmith to get the second key programmed. Then, go buy a few cheap ebay keys and program them yourself to prevent this from happening again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like you, I lost one of my keys to a 2013 Wrangler. If you have 2 keys you can program others by yourself. If you only have one key you have to go to the dealer or a locksmith to get the second key programmed. Then, go buy a few cheap ebay keys and program them yourself to prevent this from happening again.
At least i am not the only one lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ebay for keys!

Last week I ordered a pair of transponder keys online for $12.15 delivered. These keys do not have the remote funtion fob though. They came in 3 days.

Today I took them to Home Depot... they cut them for free! It took only a few minutes to program them per the included instructons. The instructions are also in the large version of the vehicle manual.

The dealer will charge you $200+ for the FOB type key.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts