Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 JKU and when I open the driver's door I hear a loud clicking sound under the dash. Any idea what this is?

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Since you're in the Phoenix area (kinda, sorta) give Universal Technical Institute a call and see if they would like to have a challenge for their students to diagnose. When I went to school there in 75, they told me of a coke bottle which had been placed in a open cavity of a unibody car by a disgruntled worker. When he put it in there, he said, "Lets see how long it takes them to find this rattle." The teacher that told us this story, used to work in the same plant as that nut-case did and knew first hand how things work in the automotive industry. This one sounds like a fun one to hunt down. A real challenge. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Blend door shutting. Bad news is the gears are stripped and you need a new blend door assembly. Just my guess.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Blend door shutting. Bad news is the gears are stripped and you need a new blend door assembly. Just my guess.
Bad thing about that is there are 3 doors under there that might have the gears stripped. If one is stripped and clicking, the other 2 might be needing replaced at the same time, or at least needing checked and evaluated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts