Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was out on the highway, driving much faster than I should've, around 90 mph. All of a sudden there was a loud crack/pop/clunk sort of noise, that I could hear over the highway noise and stereo. My Jeep didn't really do anything, but it was definitely vibrating a lot more, and just didn't feel right.

Now, anytime I shift (it's manual) or put the clutch down I hear a soft clunk. At lower city speeds, it feels okay, but at faster speeds (+40 mph) it vibrates a lot and again, just doesn't feel right.

I'm going to take it into the garage as soon as possible to get someone to look at it, but I kind of want to prepare for the worst. I have a suspicion it might be my transmission, but I'm hoping like hell it isn't. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I'd replaced all my U joints already, but now that you mention it, it felt like this last time I broke one. I never thought of that. I'm taking it in tomorrow and know for sure then! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You all were right, it's a U joint on my drive shaft. It was barely hanging on. Thank you so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts