Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am having an issue with my 98 Jeep Wrangler that has bin going on for about 5 months. It recently started to get really bad. Every time I accelerate and take my foot of the clutch or go over pot holes there is a loud rattling/chatter sound. It sounds like the rattling is coming from right under the center console. I made sure my jack and all of my stuff in the back of the jeep is secure. I looked under the jeep to see if there was anything loose or out of the ordinary but everything looked intact. I even took it to a mechanic and he didn't find anything. I'm assuming that the sound is coming from the transmission(clutch) or t-case. I'm also wondering if there are any loose bearings. Can anyone help me? Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check and make sure you exhaust manifold is snug along with exhaust connection. don't think that's it your engine but I'm no expert on thrown rods

·
Registered
296 Posts
Catylitic Converter could be gone, its filled with baffles and charcoal? like substance that breaks up and makes a hell of a racket with acceleration and bumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts