Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I've gotten my jeep it's made a loud whistling noise on the highway. And now I've noticed recently that when I accelerate it stops and when I let off it starts again. Does anyone know what it could be? Help it's really annoying!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ever since I've gotten my jeep it's made a loud whistling noise on the highway. And now I've noticed recently that when I accelerate it stops and when I let off it starts again. Does anyone know what it could be? Help it's really annoying!!!
Check around your throttle body and the vac lines,

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it's my top. It's only a couple years old and it's coming from the front somewhere. And I'll check the vac lines and throttle body tomorrow

·
Registered
209 Posts
Alternators like to whistle as well when there bearings go bad. Cold weather can make the problem show itself sooner. This whistle issue just happened to me. Thought it was a vacuum leak, but listening to the engine and narrowing it down led me to alternator, which upon removal confirmed bearings to be shot.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Intake manifold gasket. Also have a throttle dependent whistle and a shop pointed me in the same direction when I had them flush my heater with their machine.

To check the throttle body, next time you hear the whistle park it and spray all around it with WD40. If it stops, there's your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts