Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a very simple question yesterday, got an answer that solved my simple problem within 10 minutes. Wow

Dave Dillehay:iamhappy::iamhappy:

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
Welcome, man!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I started reading this forum about a year before I got my jeep. I was very selective in looking for the right jeep, the right features, for the right price. In that year, I learned about all kinds of problems that wrangler owners have, and how to solve them, even though I didn't own a jeep yet.

Bump steer, death wobble, heater core issues, lift issues, backspacing, Dana 30 vs Dana 44 vs Ford 8.8, etc. Learned about all of this, and was able to talk to the guy I bought the jeep from as if I knew what I was talking about ;-)

When I test drove the jeep, I noticed bump steer, so was able to talk to the previous owner about his lift, control arms, adjustable track bar. I noticed the 33" wheels made rubbing sounds when I turned the wheel all the way to one side. He said the larger tires are hitting the fenders, and I told him that they are likely hitting the control arms.

It surely is great to have so many that are faithful to share their experiences, but in problems as well as solutions. No one should feel like they are alone as someone else likely has run across the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts