Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way to increase low beam light coverage? My hi beams are great but low beams are not. What add on lighting would work? Do not want to change headlights.
Thanks, Jim

·
Super Moderator
9,588 Posts
Hi Jim, welcome to WF. LED Headlights would be to easiest, I run TL and the difference is astonishing, I even did an LED conversion on my F350. The other option would be a set of HID's , I got a set from the gf. Although not needed they really light up the road directly in front of the Jeep. Then there's always fog lamps...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I like the Cibie H4. I have tried Hella and Bosch as well and IMO the Cibie has the best spread. I just installed a set of Surapee fog lights and while they are bright, I cannot adjust the aim high enough.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
What type of coverage do you want to increase? Straight ahead, to the side, both, or just brightness of current coverage?
Lows limit distance so the light does not interfere with oncoming drivers vision.
If you just want current coverage brighter, then changing your current lights to LED's or HID's would be the best way.
If you want farther down the road, the add-on driving lights. They will bother others and should not be used on the road.
Fogs can help illuminate the side/ditches. Properly aimed they should not be a problem to oncoming drivers.

Remember, you are not the only one effected by your vehicle's light brightness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts