Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Criteria:

1. Full width with tapered ends
  2. Grille guard/bully bar, if there, detachable (not welded)
  3. Low winch mount plate (radiator air flow)
  4. Fog light openings in bumper face or mounts on top, but prefer the former
  5. No drilling
  6. Black matte finish
Any recommendations?

Closest I'm getting right now is the Body Armor TJ-19531, though it doesn't address item #3.

Body Armor TJ-19531.jpg

What I'd really like would be this, but haven't been able to run it down on-line beside the obvious (Iron Man 4x4).

image-1588956206.jpg

Any help appreciated in advance.

Cheers, B

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Don't worry about air flow to the radiator with a winch mounted on a standard bumper. It doesn't affect cooling enough to notice. It's a 100% complete non-issue for those of us who wheel in the hottest desert conditions.

I have both a full-size winch (Warn 9.5xp) and a power steering cooler in front of my radiator and my temperature stays right at 210 where it was before they were installed... even on hot days out in the desert like when this pic was taken.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
The hardest requirement on your list is probably the detachable winch guard, The only bumper I can think of that fits this is the Metalcloak, It is a modular bumper that you can buy and change the accessories for it pretty easily, The picture shows my TJ with my metalcloak just after I installed it, I found the main part of the bumper, license plate mount, high frame shackle mount and the steering box armor in Craigslist for a great deal and just ordered the parts on how I wanted the bumper to look from metalcloak, I went with the full length ends, winch guard, and a light bar mount,(mount is on but have not decided on which light I want just yet) . You can buy the pieces as you go along if money is tight, And down the road if I want to make the bumper a shorty or change out the winch guard for a stinger no problem! few bolts and my bumper has a whole new purpose, Then back again if I so choose, I love this bumper!!! It seriously is an American made beast!!
For more info check out http://www.metalcloak.com/Jeep-CJ-YJ-TJ-LJ-Frame-Built-Bumpers-s/135.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
There's this one meets all your criteria except for bull bar

https://www.amazon.com/Paramount-Restyling-51-0034L-Crawler-Wrangler/dp/B00C5M2F0Y

61-dgSfddoL._SX425_.jpg

Pretty much the same thing as Barricade's Trail Force except for the lights, same specs likely made at the same factory.

IMG_1299.jpg

Could cut the bull bar off and have a couple of plates welded in if you can't find one you want without. Grind the welds down smooth, bet one would ever know there was a bull bar there at one time.

Reactions: Bmidbar

·
Registered
916 Posts
Criteria:

1. Full width with tapered ends
  2. Grille guard/bully bar, if there, detachable (not welded)
  3. Low winch mount plate (radiator air flow)
  4. Fog light openings in bumper face or mounts on top, but prefer the former
  5. No drilling
  6. Black matte finish
Any recommendations?

Closest I'm getting right now is the Body Armor TJ-19531, though it doesn't address item #3.

View attachment 3659601

What I'd really like would be this, but haven't been able to run it down on-line beside the obvious (Iron Man 4x4).

View attachment 3659617

Any help appreciated in advance.

Cheers, B

Ya might look here. --->>> metal cloak, build it the way you want it. Removable bull bar. Frame-Built Jeep Bumper #211001, LJ/TJ

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
here is another closer pic of the metalcloak... Please excuse the mud ;) BTW if you happen to order before mod night tonight (July 4th) free shipping use code "gottaloveamerica"

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
here is another closer pic of the metalcloak... Please excuse the mud ;) BTW if you happen to order before mod night tonight (July 4th) free shipping use code "gottaloveamerica"
Hey is this where those "roll me over " bumper stickers comes in?:bop:

Reactions: rroosevelt

·
Registered
591 Posts
Don't worry about air flow to the radiator with a winch mounted on a standard bumper. It doesn't affect cooling enough to notice. It's a 100% complete non-issue for those of us who wheel in the hottest desert conditions.

I have both a full-size winch (Warn 9.5xp) and a power steering cooler in front of my radiator and my temperature stays right at 210 where it was before they were installed... even on hot days out in the desert like when this pic was taken.
Have to say the same. Stuck in gridlock traffic. 109 degrees, AC full blast - 210 degrees.

The winch just doesn't block airflow like most would think.

·
Registered
592 Posts
IMO Metalcloak is the best option for bumpers. Fully modular so if you're ready to change its form or function you can for just a few bucks.

You can get the full length end caps.

Bolt on stinger or winch guard.

Black powder coat.

I also modified the sway bar shroud to maintain its fit so it looks somewhat factory.

It's also "low profile". Some complain it's too low.

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Another vote for metalcloak. Build it the way you want it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have the metalcloak as well and like it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's this one meets all your criteria except for bull bar

https://www.amazon.com/Paramount-Restyling-51-0034L-Crawler-Wrangler/dp/B00C5M2F0Y

View attachment 3660033

Pretty much the same thing as Barricade's Trail Force except for the lights, same specs likely made at the same factory.

View attachment 3660001

Could cut the bull bar off and have a couple of plates welded in if you can't find one you want without. Grind the welds down smooth, bet one would ever know there was a bull bar there at one time.
Even with the bull bar, gonna go with that Paramount Restyling bumper and think about the cut off, plate welding part later. Really like the look of it for what else I have in the pipe.

Have a Barricade Classic bumper with swing-away tire carrier and Rock Hard over tire cargo basket sitting in the garage now waiting to go on, this along with some KC Hi-Lites headlamp replacements should do me to close out this year's quota of $10K (closer to $11K after this) dropped into my TJ.

Spousal unit's starting to look askance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts