Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am very new to the Jeep world, I bought my '04 TJ Sport a few weeks ago. This morning on my way to work, I stopped momentarily and the oil pressure dropped to nothing and the "check gauges" light came on. I parked, and about 30 seconds later everything was back to normal. WTF?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
For some reason, the oil pressure senders Jeep installs are always giving problems like that. My '97 had the same issue. Odd are that the problem is only a bad/intermittent oil pressure sender which is easily replaced... kind of like replacing a spark plug.

·
Banned
139 Posts
Hmmm...just to be on the safe side, I'd check the oil level before proceeding further. It's a longshot, but I've seen this sort of thing before, ironically with newly-acquired vehicles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the price range of said device? I have no idea what that is. I have a budget of about $2500-3000 with which I would like to purchase a lift kit (which my boyfriend will install) as well as new wheels and 33" BFG Muds. Any reccomendations?

·
Registered
136 Posts
On Quadratec, its $27.99 for a new oil pressure sending unit. I'm sure you could get it at your local parts house for the same price or maybe even cheaper.

I had the same problem in my Jeep. Driving along, oil pressure was fine, but when I stopped at a stop light or whatever, my check gauges light came on and the oil pressure gauge dropped off to zero. I replaced the sending unit after that was suggested on here and it's been fine ever since!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened to me last week. I pulled the connecter off and it was full of oil. Bad sender. $38.00 was cheapest I found locally. Pep Boys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts