Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2002 Wrangler X. There have been a couple days in the past month or so where the engine RPM's drop from about 1000 down to about 400/500 while idling and then just sit there. If I press the gas pedal, they jump back up to normal idling RPM's and stay there. Why are they dropping in the first place? Any ideas what the problem might be?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello, I have a 2002 Wrangler X. There have been a couple days in the past month or so where the engine RPM's drop from about 1000 down to about 400/500 while idling and then just sit there. If I press the gas pedal, they jump back up to normal idling RPM's and stay there. Why are they dropping in the first place? Any ideas what the problem might be?
Mine does that too sometimes, but it jumps back up to around 1000 on it's own. I've never really thought about it being bad though so not sure!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Do you have anything running when the vehicle is idling? (Lights, Sound System, A/C, Heater, etc.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts