Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Honda Civic tried to make a left through my JK yesterday and lost out to my 100 lb. bumper. My brakes are good so I didn't kill him or his car, and no one was hurt, not even my dog who hit the floor.

I got home and noticed that my right side flare is dipping down a bit, it contacted the Civic. My low tech question is, how hard is it to level it so it matches the driver side flare?

Can I just pull up or will that pull the bracket out of the fender?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
The fender is held up with a plastic inner fender and a metal bracket that is attached to the inner fender support. As long as that bracket isn't cracked, you can bend it back into position.

When I flopped mine, I bent that bracket enough to crack the corner. I was able to re position the bracket correctly and weld the crack but if the bracket is beyond saving, the whole support (called the frame support) needs to be replaced.That can be done as a DIY project but it's time consuming as you have to pull the metal fender and the battery box at a minimum. The good news? It's all bolt on.

The inner plastic might also need to be replaced, that can be had from Rock Auto for under $50

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to Hi-lift the JK enough to slip a bottle jack into the well on top of the tire and jack it back to level.
Tx for your replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts