Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Cibie 'E' lights with H4 halogens in for a while and noticed the left light low-beam was a little dimmer than the right, I chalked it up to chinese connectors and/or bulbs.

But now I've installed LED headlights and the left low-beam wouldn't come on completely, I swapped them thinking one was just bad out of the box but found the left side wouldn't work properly. I checked the voltage (running) and got 13.15V on the right low but only 9.75V on the left low, I traced the white/blue wire back in harness and it's 9.75V all the way back to behind the right headlight, that's where it kinda gets hard to deal with... Both high-beams are 13.1V while running.

What could be going on here? There are no fuses or relays to cause an issue, it's all 'puter run... Does anyone know what pin the left low-beam is on the computer so I can check it there?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it, poor ground on left side that somehow grounds high-beam well but not low-beam. plug to wiring harness doesn't show high ohms so I just don't know what's up with this. Just ran a parallel ground from plug to chassis, seems to have fixed the issue but not repaired it, LOL!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now left high-beam doesn't work, no monkeying with ground helps this. Could computer be in a fault mode?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleared all codes, changed headlight parameters back to standard incandescent, disconnected battery for 10 min and no change. Changed back to LED headlight parameters, no change. Reattached extra ground, at least I have two low-beams if only one high-beam on the right, but this causes code B1633.

Does anyone have any clues for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheap LED lights from local bulk-buyer/reseller with one opened and the other not, labelled 'Turbo SII 75W'. If they are too lousy I can put them in some old 7" KC housings or something and use them as trail lights. They both seem to work well high and low, plenty bright, we shall see...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts