Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ladies and gents, first and foremost please excuse my formatting this is on mobile. And it is my first post. I have a 97 TJ Wrangler 2.5. the lower control arm bracket is broke on the front passenger side and I want to get it replaced. I have new ones but I'm not sure how or where to do it? Do you all have any suggestions on how to or where to get it done? I am located in Kentucky. Thanks and sorry if I left out details that you all will need please take it easy on me like I said it's my first post.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,409 Posts
This is one good source for control arm brackets. I don't know if your axle-end or frame-end is the one that broke but odds are they have what you need here... https://www.northridge4x4.com/scp/s...arm-mounts?filter[spec][Location]=Front+Lower

What kind of control arms are you running? Some control arms like Teraflex's 1st generation and ProComp's control arms are so inflexible they're notorious for tearing control arm brackets off from where they're welded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not have pictures at this moment but I will take some an post them when I get back home.

It is broke on the axle end. I was running the stock control arms when it broke. I don't really do too much aggressive off road trips. (the original ones broke before I got it) im wanting to get it back to stock arms with a better bracket. I just wasn't sure about taking them off... Do I need to take weight off the axle? Do one at a time?

Also, follow up question. The bolts / hardware are pretty nasty looking. Are those any specific type of bolts or just your regular grade 8 hardware.

Sorry I'm not familiar with everything, new to the whole Jeep thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts