Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed some teraflex lower front control arms, were are barely longer than the stock.. but for some reason the ride feels soooo much better.. is it the bushings that give it a better feel? either way, so glad i did this..

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
I just installed some teraflex lower front control arms, were are barely longer than the stock.. but for some reason the ride feels soooo much better.. is it the bushings that give it a better feel? either way, so glad i did this..
It does not take very much extra length to make a noticeable change in the amount of caster it has.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
^^^ This is exactly the reason. The TeraFlex Sport FLCAs are just the right lenght for a 2.5=3" lift. They really put the caster back in spec. I run all 8 Sport control arms, but I did the fronts first and they made all the difference.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ This is exactly the reason. The TeraFlex Sport FLCAs are just the right lenght for a 2.5=3" lift. They really put the caster back in spec. I run all 8 Sport control arms, but I did the fronts first and they made all the difference.

I just did front lower and its night and day.. my brother was mocking me telling me im crazy.. lol... it just feels like it doesnt wander as much now.. im was like.. WOW. it def. stiffened it up a little bit... plus my caster was in the green on the alignment report before doing the FLCA

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
I just did front lower and its night and day.. my brother was mocking me telling me im crazy.. lol... it just feels like it doesnt wander as much now.. im was like.. WOW. it def. stiffened it up a little bit... plus my caster was in the green on the alignment report before doing the FLCA
I installed the TeraFlex 2.5" lift and at first did nothing for caster. On the highway the jeep felt twitchy (I've heard the term flighty too and it is also accurate). I ordered the FLCAs and after the install the ride was great once again.

I only have all 8 now because I ran across a deal on FB marketplace. I'm selling the extra fronts now. I also got a deal on the TF Front adjustable track bar. I basically pieced together the TeraFlex ST2 lift over time for less than half the cost.

·
Registered
403 Posts
For me I remember distinctly after the 2.5” lift with my stock lower front control arms the steering wheel didn’t want to “recenter” after a turn. After I added my adjustable front lower CAs with the correct adjusted length, after making a turn at an intersection I let go of the wheel and it unwinds back to center. Best way I can describe it but it wants to straighten itself out again. The highway manners are much better this way too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts