Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the day was going smoothly with my lift kit install until this...

The bolt that attaches the sway bar link to the Pittman arm broke when I was trying to replace the link.

I have tried everything to remove the bolt which has a torx head. Is this bolt pressed in?

What I'm looking for are tips on the bolt removal... also if anyone has a web link or where to buy a new one...I would be really appreciative.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. When you drilled the bolt out you did this from the head of the bolt I'm assuming? Just have to be really clean with me because you just never know what crazy ideas ill come up with on my own. 😆

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Heat it up with a butane torch until it is glowing then give it a good smack with a BFH. make sure the area is clear because it'll come out fast and hot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the heat did it. I had the torch and not the drill bits and that's the only reason I chose one over the other.

I also was able to pick up the bolt from the jeep dealership so that crisis is resolved too.

Thanks for your input on this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts