Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My free year runs out this month. Whats the lowest I can get them to go. Just wanted to hear from you guys on the best deal you were able to get from them. They want 14.95 a month. I was thinking more like 6 bucks a month. I can live without it so if they don't give a really good deal I'm walking.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Mine runs out next week or so....
I think the lowest I've seen is $6 a month.
I'll probably pass. I stream Pandora half the time anyway. Plus, there are a ton of songs on my hard drive. (RBZ FTW!)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Watch what kind of deal they offer you, I have been going around in circles with them, I tell them the stations I would like to listen to but those are usually another package that cost more, I'm fed up with them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Make sure you be nice to them but be firm about cancelling. They should offer about 6/mo after you are on the line for a bit. They'll only offer it in 6 month terms, so you gotta call back every 6 months to threaten to cancel to keep it going.

·
Registered
276 Posts
To your point my wife is been paying about $25 every six months.

Recently I acquired Sirius with my Jeep and after listening to Pandora for the past couple years was no longer impressed with their programming. I am hoping that once I fill my favorites list that it will be much or enjoyable. Right now I don't feel it's worth it, but we will see.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine is out in Dec. So did you guys just call and let them know your subscription is ending and what deal they can give you?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I get 25 six months every time but make sure you keep an eye on how much time you have left as they will auto charge you full price after 6 months if you don't call them. I just call and say I want to pay 25 for six and no hassle they accept it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
for me what ever it costs its worth it--less then 50 cents a day--sign me up--no comercials --considering where I live without satellite radio you can set you pre program channels up with the numbers 1-6

·
Registered
664 Posts
Make sure you be nice to them but be firm about cancelling. They should offer about 6/mo after you are on the line for a bit. They'll only offer it in 6 month terms, so you gotta call back every 6 months to threaten to cancel to keep it going.
I should try that, I'm paying $38.00/Month for 3 radios (2 are premium packages so they're a bit more). But I do use it a lot and hardly ever listen to regular radio anymore.

·
Super Moderator
23,398 Posts
mine ran out last month on my 2013jku and I received a letter in the mail and a shortly after a call. I ignored both the letter and the phone call and a few days later they called and offered me 1 year subscription for $72.00 if I paid with a credit card.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
mine ran out last month on my 2013jku and I received a letter in the mail and a shortly after a call. I ignored both the letter and the phone call and a few days later they called and offered me 1 year subscription for $72.00 if I paid with a credit card.
So if u do nothing it shud just expire? I dont want them auto billing me cuz I dont plan to continue it after my free year is up

·
Super Moderator
23,398 Posts
So if u do nothing it shud just expire? I dont want them auto billing me cuz I dont plan to continue it after my free year is up
mine stopped working exactly 1 year after purchasing it. Not 1 year and 1 day but 1 year exactly.

·
Registered
22,773 Posts
mine stopped working exactly 1 year after purchasing it. Not 1 year and 1 day but 1 year exactly.
Ok cool, I just dont want to get some automatic bill cuz they assume I want to continue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I play the game with them every year when my subscription runs up. I say I'm canceling and they generally give me a deal, full price is for suckers.

·
Registered
994 Posts
No matter what deal you get, pay the extra $2 for paper billing. Don't give them a credit card or it will auto renew at the then current (max) rate, and you'll have little recourse to negotiate. If you have them send you the invoice, then pay by check, you can negotiate your next deal at renewal and have a little leverage.

I just renewed my wife's for $108 for the year.

·
Registered
513 Posts
No matter what deal you get, pay the extra $2 for paper billing. Don't give them a credit card or it will auto renew at the then current (max) rate, and you'll have little recourse to negotiate. If you have them send you the invoice, then pay by check, you can negotiate your next deal at renewal and have a little leverage.

I just renewed my wife's for $108 for the year.
It's not really a big deal I forgot and my wife's expired a couple of months ago and it renewed at something like 90 for 6 months. I called and said it was way to much and they asked if 25 was ok and I said yes. They then refunded the difference.

1 - 20 of 470 Posts