Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Here is the start of my CJ with tons and an LS. It's in the beginning stages, but I have most of the parts to complete the project. The frame and front clip are from an 84-85. The tub is from a YJ, but it was relatively rust free, so I couldn't pass it up for $100. 4:10 gears. 14 bolt full float rear. Using a passenger side drop GM front axle so I can use a Dana 300. Humvee rims and tires until I can afford something better. The fuel tank you see in the photo is for my tractor, it just fit nicely in the back of the jeep for storage.

I have a 4.8 with 175K on it, 4l60, advance adapters kit for Dana 300 twin stick. Engine is still sitting in my donor truck at the moment.

I am using CJ 2.5" leaf springs over the axle, so I've widened the leaf springs in the front to match the GM perches.

Hoping to get frame painted this week. It barely has surface rust on it. Unbelievable condition. After that I can set the engine on some custom mounts and mock up the driveline length. I have an aluminum radiator with a built in fan, and I'm hoping that will give me a few extra inches to work with.

Stay tuned for more.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts