Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post on this forum and looking for some expert help with my lug nuts. I have a 2001 TJ and just discovered my rear lug nuts are 3/4", 1/2x20; and my front lug nuts are 13/16", 1/2X20. Are the two different sizes correct or should they all be the same? If not, which is the correct one to use? I am the second owner so I don't know any of the wheel history. It has the stock Jeep wheels.

Thanks a bunch in advance....

·
Knows a couple things...
49,399 Posts
It's common for our 1/2x20 lug nuts to have both 13/16" and 3/4" hex-nut sizes available. You can use either you want, mine are 13/16. Pretty sure at some point I had 3/4" lug nuts on the TJ too over the past 21 years of TJ ownership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Jerry. I thought maybe there was a different cone size between the two, but they both look the same. Guess I'll just get a new 13/16" set for the rear wheels and call it good.

·
Registered
15,661 Posts
Stock is 3/4 as that fits the factory lug wrench

But as long as all are 1/2-20 and have proper profile on wheel side for the wheels you run then either hex is ok but if you get a flat need proper tools to remove

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's how I discovered the problem, my stock lug wrench didn't fit my front lug nuts. I thought maybe the larger diameter nuts had something to do with it being 4 wheel drive. Guess if stock was 3/4" I'll replace the fronts with new 3/4" lugs. Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts