Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the quadratic rubicon 17x9 extreme wheels on my rubicon. I have the spline lug nut kit from quadratic. The bevel on the lug is so small compared to some other brands like the mcgard 23 piece lug nut install kit. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this also?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Be very careful with lug nuts, I would confirm with whoever makes the wheels and lugnuts, that they work on those wheels for a specific vehicle. Last ting you want to do is deal with a wheel coming off on the highway, or something.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have the quadratic rubicon 17x9 extreme wheels on my rubicon. I have the spline lug nut kit from quadratic. The bevel on the lug is so small compared to some other brands like the mcgard 23 piece lug nut install kit. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this also?
I noticed this exact same thing with my rims. I went through a couple of sets of the splines because I wanted to continue to use the stock lug wrench. I ended up with Mcgards, I could never feel comfortable about getting the right torque. Just felt wrong never got tight. Get the mcgards! $75! with locks it is a no brainier.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I noticed the same thing with the lug nuts the dealer wanted to mount my AEV wheels with.
I never saw the package so don't know the brand but until I find what I want I'll continue using the stock nuts.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a set of Quadratec Moab's in gun metal.
Having them installed soon.
Going with black lugs. Now you have me thinking, what lugs to go with?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also got a set of the Qtec splines in black and ended up not using them because I didn't like how small the contact area with the rim is. I ended up going with McGards...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called quadratec and they the lugs are fine. I guess they are since they make the wheel and lugs but I still don't like how small the contact area is, so I'm gonna order the mcgards for the piece of mind.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I called quadratec and they the lugs are fine. I guess they are since they make the wheel and lugs but I still don't like how small the contact area is, so I'm gonna order the mcgards for the piece of mind.
I called Quadratec also. They told me any of their acorn style lugs would work (w/proper size of course).

For the Moab style wheel, their site recommends the Gorilla's.
Which McGard are you going with? I'm looking for black

·
Registered
114 Posts
I called Quadratec also. They told me any of their acorn style lugs would work (w/proper size of course).

For the Moab style wheel, their site recommends the Gorilla's.
Which McGard are you going with? I'm looking for black
I went with this set from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C5SR8HS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
"McGard 84563BK Chrome/Black (1/2" - 20 Thread Size) Bulge Cone Seat Style Wheel Installation Kit for Jeep Wrangler - 23 Piece" if the link doesn't work...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts