Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 Sahara JKU. I just bought 5 2019 Rubicon Wheels and Tires. They came with Lug Nuts but they don't fit. Can I use the factory lug nuts (don't want too) does it matter what lug nuts I get as long as they are for a 08 wrangler?

Thanks,
Baze

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
yours has 1/2-20 lugs JL's are M14

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
you have to in order to mount it on a jK

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. Should I have any safety concerns if I just get regular spacers (remove my rotor retaining washers as I read this is important) and use the regular 08 lug nuts? Or would I be better off getting the spidertrax spacers? Or do I really need spacers I guess? Thanks again for the advice.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
spacers will move your wheels out so will look beefier. If installed properly spidertrax are safe but use Spidertrax or other quality spacers and I don't if anyone else is making the 14mm to 1/2-20 ones.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
can you brush your teeth without poking your eye out? if so then yes. If you can't then take it to a good 4x4 shop.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
You didn't need to order spacers. JL wheels fit just fine on a JK, just use JK 1/2"-20 lug nuts. You could either use the stock JK nuts from your Jeep or order new solid 1/2"-20 lug nuts.

As stated the JL uses 14mm lug bolts (.55") while Jeeps from at least the CJ5 through the TJ used 1/2" (.50). The holes in the wheels are basically the same and have the same bevel, which is a standard bevel.

As it is, you will just wind up with a wider stance using the spacers, which you may like better. Many Jeeps are using spacers so they can mount wider tires.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,900 Posts
A set of lug nuts are cheaper than spacers....

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
And his old lug nut would have worked, but probably showed their age and "experience". My TJ has black McCard lug nuts and they are a lot better than the factory.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I think he wants a more aggressive stance which is what he is going to get.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I put the front tires on to check the tire clearance from the sway bar. Just in the garage when full turned I have about 1/4" between the tire and sway bar. Do you think will run when actually driving?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
If you are going slow enough that you can turn the wheel fully to left or right a little rubbing on the sway bar will not hurt anything. backing up fully cranked may result in a little rub but again how fast can you be going in that situation. If you are not wanting a wider stance just do what was stated and reuse your stock lug nuts or buy some new cast ones in stock size.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts