Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this or have any opinions about it? I think it looks great but its kinda spendy especially since you have to cut up your stock grill.

Just looking for some opinions and/or experience from anyone out there!

Smittybilt Part 615850 - M1 Grille#

Heres the link to the one on 4wd.com (instructions included)

Thanks!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I like the idea of custom grilles that are easy to install. But the price seems off, and of all the design possibilities, this one seems pretty weak.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, was just looking for something different... this is about the only grill insert out there thats not just mesh behind the stock grille. Maybe im not looking hard enough though.

I dont think i would ever drop 400$ for one either.:nonono:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
IMO the jeep grill is the symbol of jeep, full boar or something is way better than totally loosing the jeep legend. O|||||||O

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I am kinda old school, in the sense that if your going to "mod" or "customise" your ride, that something should set you apart from the crowd.

This grill does that. I just dont like the price. I have only seen one Jeep here in Tucson with it. It looked HOT!

Althought the grill is the most recognizable feature of the jeep, people still know a jeep without the grill. :thumb:

Its like the thread "show me your black grill". I thought to myself, "why would I want a black grill if every other damn jeep owner has one?". That should be a reason not to do it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am kinda old school, in the sense that if your going to "mod" or "customise" your ride, that something should set you apart from the crowd.

This grill does that. I just dont like the price. I have only seen one Jeep here in Tucson with it. It looked HOT!

Althought the grill is the most recognizable feature of the jeep, people still know a jeep without the grill. :thumb:

Its like the thread "show me your black grill". I thought to myself, "why would I want a black grill if every other damn jeep owner has one?". That should be a reason not to do it.

I read a review saying the guy couldnt get it to fit right or something, but if you saw one that looked as good as you say i might just have to pull the trigger on it.

Anyone see any other products like this out there? This cant be the only one out there can it?:confused:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I dont why that person couldnt get it to fit right. The one I saw fit flush and the install looked good. I have NOT seen anything similar to it. All I have seen is the M1 and the mesh/chrome inserts.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
There have been DIY mesh jobs like that posted on here, many moons ago though. It really is that simple. Choose your mesh/screen, pop off the grille, cut and shape as you see fit, and bind it with serious adhesive.

With all the different sizes and patterns available, you're afforded the latitude to be somewhat unique.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The jeeps in those pics have completely customized grilles, not just mesh overlays. That's a very different thing...

But anyways, I think the wild boar is a good deal on a nice grille if someone is really wanting it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The jeeps in those pics have completely customized grilles, not just mesh overlays. That's a very different thing...

But anyways, I think the wild boar is a good deal on a nice grille if someone is really wanting it.
I agree. The jeeps pictured are not what that product turns out like. Either way, I am not fan and would consider the wild boar if any...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The "rivets" kill it. That's a big reason why it looks better on those JK's than this one...

On the other hand...

And mine without the rivets...

·
Registered
284 Posts
^ those look great!

For another option, here's what I have. They're still just inserts but not quite the typical mesh style.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/13131_310X_PG.htm

The pictures online don't really show it very well so here's a few shots of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts