Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about everyone else, but, I had a heck of a time getting the wires going to the motor to sit under the control box neatly. And don't get me started on those rubber covers for the screws... Stupid me didn't grease them first... I eventually clued in... Then the bolts for the control box.. Wow.. Lots of fun.
Done now and I have to reiterate.... the instructions suck... Big time.... Winch is awesome though so.... Happy happy!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I installed the XD9000. Essentially the same winch, just rated for more weight. I seem to remember that the solenoid box was more of a pain to install that it should have been. I figured that I would install it after I installed the winch. It turned out that you could not install the box after it was set inside the bumper, so I had to pull it out, install the box and reinstall the winch. I don’t remember why, but I had to pull it a second time, so I installed the winch 3 times. I have a skid plate under the bumper that had to be removed to get to the winch bolts. That thing is hard to get off and my poor son had to pull it off and reinstall it twice. At least he was a will participant in the installation. Unlike everyone else in the house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts