Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 12-10-19 I took my '07 Wrangler into their service dept for an issue with the traction control turning on every time I took a turn at a speed of 20 mph or above. IE: most freeway on-ramps. My regular shop plus 2 others was unable to find the issue so I figured why not take it to the dealership and maybe they could find it. Replaced speed sensors, ABS Module, clockspring, alignment checked, steering wheel aligned, and anything else we (me and the 3 other shops) could think of. There were no codes anyone could find and everything was reading within normal parameters while on the test drive with the Traction Control messing with the acceleration and braking.

I dropped it off and the next day they called me and said it was the clockspring. I had replaced it 5 months previously with an aftermarket one. So I said sure... replace it and as long as it fixes the issue I am good with it. I picked it up on the 13th, was treated as if I was a "Dumb Female", by Julian when he said " All the lights will be gone. Don't worry about it." I told him that the light weren't the issue and that I needed the Traction Control fixed and that I would know if it was fixed within 15 minutes.

Drove home and sure enough the issue hadn't been fixed. $750 down the drain. Called and left a message on his direct number and never received a call back.

:pullinghair::pullinghair::pullinghair::pullinghair::pullinghair::pullinghair::pullinghair:

I went in the following Tuesday (yes I had to cool down a bit), made sure I did not get the same service advisor, explained what I wanted (if they couldn't find an issue to update the computer so I could shut off the Traction Control PERMANENTLY), and left it again.

They couldn't find the issue but did do the update... $160 later, and I was able to turn the Traction Control OFF. The light shows on the dash but I get to have control of my vehicle.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Your regular shop, plus 2 others, were unable to find the issue, but your only mad at Perkins? OK... <Snark /OFF>

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your regular shop, plus 2 others, were unable to find the issue, but your only mad at Perkins? OK... <Snark /OFF>
See the other shops didn't charge me for issues that didn't get fixed. Perkins didn't fix the original issue and didn't entertain working with me on cost.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Have you talked with the service manager or Jeep Cares? If they made an unnecessary repair, there’s no reason they should charge you.

Reactions: NakedJeeper

·
Registered
538 Posts
Way back when I had issues with my new CJ-7, I contacted Jeep Corporate and Jeep Investor Relations. I got a phone call from Jeep. They arranged to have a Jeep Master Mechanic fly out to fix my Jeep. I spoke to him at the local dealer. He had just returned from another fix in Hawaii.

I bet that doesn't happen any more.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Way back when I had issues with my new CJ-7, I contacted Jeep Corporate and Jeep Investor Relations. I got a phone call from Jeep. They arranged to have a Jeep Master Mechanic fly out to fix my Jeep. I spoke to him at the local dealer. He had just returned from another fix in Hawaii.

I bet that doesn't happen any more.
I'm guessing it doesn't anymore, either. Apparently my Jeeps Traction Contron is just "Too Sensitive" and they can't find the issue. Turning it off was my last option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts