Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know where some products are made.
1. Rough Country. Specifically winch plate for TJ OEM bumper.
2. Superwinch LP8500.
3. Olympic 4x4 rock sliders.
4. Bestop HighRock 4x4 bumpers.
Thanks . . . Jeff

·
Registered
570 Posts
In the good old days, all the toys where made in the USA

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
1. Rough Country. Specifically winch plate for TJ OEM bumper---- china (the winch plate is made by mile marker, and all of their products are mad in china)
2. Superwinch LP8500 ---- china
3. Olympic 4x4 rock sliders. ----- Made in the USA
4. Bestop HighRock 4x4 bumpers.---- i did a live chat with "Rick R" from quadratec. he said he was not sure, but he thought they were made in mexico. he gave me bestop's customer service line to call. i called and spoke to customer service, but all he was able to tell me was that the company that manufacturers the bumper is based out of california, but they do also work with an importer for some of their products. so that was kind of a dead end. i am still looking into it though

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
4. Bestop bumpers: depends which one and when you buy it. Some were made in South Africa (bet you didn't expect that one, did you?), some in Mexico, and some in China. The company in California does the prototypes, and may have made the first few we sold. If you buy from now on, I would expect more than likely to be made in China.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4. Bestop bumpers: depends which one and when you buy it. Some were made in South Africa (bet you didn't expect that one, did you?), some in Mexico, and some in China. The company in California does the prototypes, and may have made the first few we sold. If you buy from now on, I would expect more than likely to be made in China.
My Bestop rear bumper was used to pull me out 4 times a couple weekends ago, and was also used to pull someone else out. No problems. Just a little groaning from the bolts the first time they were loaded.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It is sad but true but almost everything you buy for your car or home is made almost 90% of the time in China or any place where labor is cheap. Thank all the politician and the laws that make this possible. As long as politician can receive lobbyist contributions America will always belong to the corporation not the people who shed their blood protecting it. It doesn't matter who you put in office. Changing the players won't change anything. We have to change the rules that govern them. Unfortunately, they make the laws.
There needs to be an agency (we could call it the checks and balance agency) specifically designed to monitor our politician actions. If they are found to be receiving funds to sway their vote one way or the other, they would be prosecuted as criminals of the state. We would then use the Rico law to confisicate everything they own. They the crooked politician would be sent to a real jail! Where they would be forced to serve minimum 10-30 years depending on the severity of their crime. Call me a dreamer!

·
Registered
475 Posts
even when a product says "made in usa" materials come from over seas. thank you nafta for destroying our manufacturing base. Short cited, but not going to give a "class" on world economy.

·
Registered
489 Posts
We have ourselved to blame not the politician. We voted them in and we want to buy stuff cheap. The seller wants to make money.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was looking at American flag and 20' flagpole on Amazon. Flag is made in USA. Flagpole is made in China.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I probably don't have to ask. Please correct me if I am wrong. Warn M8000 winch, Warn winchplate, and Warn tow hooks. All made in USA?

·
Registered
98 Posts
We have ourselved to blame not the politician. We voted them in and we want to buy stuff cheap. The seller wants to make money.
We are not the ones to blame. It's the politicians. We the people vote for the person who will do the best job. Once they are in office they change and become corrupt a different person than I voted for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts